DIVORCE LAWYERS BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY – PUTTING AN END TO YOUR MARITAL WOES LEGALLY
Tips to Bear in Mind While Hiring an Attorney
Make full use of the Initial Consultation
Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey emphasize understanding the following 3 things in particular:
- Get to know the years of experience that the attorney has;
- Try to get an explanation on how the attorney would be handling your case;
- Get complete information on the fees involved.
Be Open to Recommendations from reliable friends
Prepare Questions for Your Initial Consultation
Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey suggest basing out your question on the following points:
- Information about past cases and the success rates;
- Their years of experience;
- The usual court procedures to expect during a dissolution case;
- Queries about the legal or financial documents required during the arguments;
- Queries about your role during the case proceedings.
Obtain References from The Attorney
Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey suggest asking for references from the attorney you choose to work with. You can ask them to provide the contact numbers of their past clients or their colleagues.
Once you get the contact details, make sure to give them a call and enquire about their experience with the attorney you have decided to hire. Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey state that most of the people get the references but fail to enquire those references and later regret their carelessness.
Obtain an Engagement Agreement in Writing
Once you have decided to work with a particular attorney, Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey recommend getting an engagement agreement prepared to state your willingness to work with the attorney and also other important information associated with the fee rate and future billing.
Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey explain that a written agreement is mandatory since this contract will act as the guidance to resolve problems if a fee dispute arises between you and the attorney in the future.
What is Cost Involved in Dissolution?
For all of those wondering about how much would dissolution cost in NJ, Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey have summarized the cost involved in dissolution.
- Filing for Dissolution: Filing a complaint for dissolution would cost $300 and an additional $25 if you have children. If you are hiring an attorney to file it for you, you may have to give some additional amount. Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey suggest hiring an attorney because if you get the filing wrong, you may have to pay more in future
- Attorney Fees: Each attorney has his/her fee rate. Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey state that approximately most attorneys in NJ charge between $250 and $500 / hour. Sometimes, you may be asked to pay a certain amount in advance as a retaining fee. Few statistics show that; one may be expected to pay around $12000 as attorney fees but few skilled Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey might charge you lesser than this number.
- Contested Dissolution: When both the parties disagree on various concerns, a dissolution case gets complicated. Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey explains that a continuous disagreement over terms such as division of property, child custody, etc… simply increases the cost of dissolution.
- Fault Divorces: When you file a dissolution case on grounds of adultery, you may have to prove it. In such a case, you might have to hire a private investigator or a forensic technologist and that would definitely cost you extra.
Things to Know Before Hiring Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey
Before you hire an attorney, make sure you have a few important decisions made and your doubts cleared. Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey suggest a few tips to help you decide better;
- Before visiting an attorney for the initial consultation, Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey emphasize upon deciding whether you need an aggressive attorney or someone who handles cases calmly. It mostly depends on the type of dissolution complaint you have filed. If it’s a no-fault dissolution, a calm attorney would work best while a fault-dissolution will need an aggressive one.
- Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey should be a good listener; you must feel comfortable speaking your heart out to the attorney. A person who talks a lot, suggests a lot but does not listen to your story, or asks questions irrelevant to the case, is a big no-no.
- Is the attorney familiar to your Local Court? Hiring local Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey is best since you will have a greater number of references willing to give you genuine reviews about the attorney.
- The size of a firm doesn’t matter; even solo Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey help get better outcomes. So don’t just get drawn towards an attorney because he/she is from a big law firm, but decide based on their past success rate.
Qualities to Look for in a Divorce Lawyer Bergen County New Jersey
- Integrity: Good Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey will always be transparent and will educate you about everything related to the case.
- Empathy: Reliable Divorce Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey will not just present your case on your behalf but will show extreme care and attention towards your mental health as well.
- Strong Courtroom Skills: They should have a great presence of mind and must be able to deliver the right message at the right time.
- Analytical Skills: When presented with information, good Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey should be able to evaluate the data and choose the most suitable detail.
- Research Skills: Preparing legal strategies requires a lot of groundwork. Besides being able to comprehend information, good Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey should be able to research for additional information that would help win cases.
- Proactive: Skilled Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey will never need your reminder to do a job; they will have acted before you suggest.
- Legal Knowledge: Experienced Divorce Lawyers in Bergen County New Jersey will have a very in-depth understanding of the state’s law. They will have all the legal facts at their fingertips.
This guide from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. should help you choose the right dissolution attorney to represent your case. Make sure to hire an attorney who would be willing to fight for your best interest.