CHILD CUSTODY LAWYERS BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY - ALL YOU WANT TO KNOW IS HERE!
When the realization dawns on a couple that there is no chance to save the marriage and the relationship would definitely end in divorce, then their next foremost concern would be about child custody. At these times the assistance of reputed law firm is inevitable for seamless process. At the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. the Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey have years of experience to bring a peaceful settlement in family law cases.
During a divorce, kids are emotionally affected, the state of New Jersey ensures that they are made to feel as comfortable as possible during the custodian claims and their best interest is taken into consideration during the process. The intervention of Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey can ease the process.
If you are keen on winning guardianship hire experienced Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey to effectively represent you and also strive to achieve the best outcome for your family.
Factors Considered While Determining Child Custody
In NJ, there are 2 important elements of custodianship – legal and physical, says Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey. Legal guardianship allows the parent to have decisive control over the kid; important decisions like education, medical care, etc are taken by the parent who’s given legal guardianship. Physical care is where the kid would be staying the majority of their time. Decide on the type of custody and speak to a Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey to understand the options better.
Parents can get help from Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey to negotiate parenting time, so that both mother and father get to spend equal time with their kid. This will allow the kid to enjoy emotional wellbeing and the parents too can feel equally involved in the upbringing of their kid.
During a claim, the court takes various important factors into consideration;
- Parents’ Employment Situation: The court will evaluate the employment status of both the parents and also check as to which of the two parents spends maximum time out of home. Usually, the parent who spends maximum time at home will be given physical guardianship in order to enjoy a more stable environment. Your Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey can put forth your case convincingly.
- Living Arrangements and Environment: Kid safety is of utmost importance; hence, the court considers important factors like the stability of the house, inmates of the house, environment surrounding the residence and proximity to the school, before determining the parent who should be awarded the kid’s guardianship. Before making a final decision, the court also looks into points such as ability to provide for the kid, educate and efficiently look after them. Your Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey can present your case positively to claim guardianship. It is important to retain a reliable Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey who will present all possible facts and evidences to prove that you will be able to offer a conducive environment for your little one.
- Consent & Wish: Kids, above the age of 12 years, can make their opinion known to the judge. The court takes the kid’s wish into consideration before giving a final verdict. They know best as to who would love, take care and provide for them.
Courts are careful when it comes to handling minor guardianship. They can avail the service of a counsellor to interview the kid and help them present their opinion confidently in court. Your Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey can guide you in this process.
Child Custody Laws in NJ
According to Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey, a parent is declared unfit to take care of their ward in the following circumstances;
- If one of the parents has a history of substance abuse, he/she is deemed unfit to take guardianship.
- Those who have been charged with criminal offenses including physical and sexual abuse, are not allowed to take up the responsibility. They are allowed to visit their kids only under strict supervision.
- Parents with mental illness are not allowed to take custodianship
- Financially weak parents are also considered unfit to be guardians
Any parent, with habits that endanger a child’s wellbeing, is considered unfit. Moreover, if the court finds the guardian unfit to take decisions, or provide appropriate education or protection, they will either award guardianship to the parent who is found most suitable or will make alternative arrangement to take care of the children until they are fit enough to take care of themselves. It is wise to consult with a Child Custody Lawyer in Bergen County New Jersey if you are fighting for claim over your kid.
Factors Defining “The Best Interests of the Child”
Once you hire a Child Custody Lawyer in Bergen County New Jersey, you will get to hear the phrase “the best interest of the child” quite often. Here are a few factors, according to New Jersey Law, that help determining the best interests of a child:
- The relationship of the kid with its parents and siblings
- The parents should be willing to accept the responsibility
- Any history of domestic violence is also taken into consideration
- The kid’s preference too is given importance
- The stability of the home environment
- The extent of time spent with kids before the separation
- The age and number of kids
- The quality of education offered
- The geographical proximity of the parents’ residences
Your Child Custody Lawyer Bergen County New Jersey will explain to you the above factors and other additional factors that will help you understand and decide better.
What Happens if The Parents Refuse to Take Custody?
If the parents do not come to a mutual agreement or resolve their custody / parenting time issues, then the court would ask them to participate in mediation along with their Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey. Courts may also order evaluation, where trained mental-health professionals will make extensive assessment of all the circumstances and suggest their opinion about the custody plan. The assistance of Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey matters a lot in such scenario.
Why Should You Hire a Child Custody Lawyer Bergen County New Jersey?
While there are many parents who can reach to a mutual agreement regarding their wards, there are few others who must definitely hire Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey.
Here are a few situations where hiring a Child Custody Lawyer Bergen County New Jersey becomes mandatory:
- If you feel that your kids are in danger due to the environment they are currently living in, then hiring Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey would be the best fit. Experienced Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey will correlate various factors and suggest you the best course of action.
- If your ex has an attorney at his end, it would be wise to hire a Child Custody Lawyer in Bergen County New Jersey to represent you. In many situations the clients wish to have a Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey in order to negotiate with the other parent, even before taking the case to court. In such a case, if your ex is represented, it is best to have a Child Custody Lawyer Bergen County New Jersey represent you.
- When there is no chance for mutual agreement, a case can become complicated. When negotiation becomes impossible, hiring Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey is advisable. A reliable Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey will identify issues proactively and make sure the case proceedings are smooth.
- Selecting Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey gives you peace of mind that the process has been fair. Your Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey will ensure that you are given fair opportunity to share all important information relevant to the case.
- Hiring the right Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey is crucial because the outcome of the case can have a great impact on your child’s future. Experienced Child Custody Lawyers Bergen County New Jersey from the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. will do everything in their power to help their client achieve the best possible outcome.